- これは プリン です。These are pudding.
- かわいい ですね！Cute, aren’t they?
- これは くまの おかしです。These are teddy bear snacks.
In alignment with the Australian Curriculum: Year 5 and 6 band achievement standards
- Describe things, using adjective です& noun です
- Describing things, using adjective + none
- Structure sentences using particles, for example は、の、に、が、ね、よ
- Locate specific information and some supporting details in written texts on familiar topics.
- Identify words from other languages used in Japanese, such as スイーツ
Cultural note from the author:
When I was a child, my mum sometimes invited visitors to our house on the weekends. This turned out to be a special occasion for me, as my mum always bought nice cakes from the nearby cake shop. I remember volunteering to make hot drinks for the visitors so that I could join them in eating the special cakes. Have a look at the variety of delicious cakes that are available at Sweets Takayoshi in Utsunomiya, Tochigi in Japan. Their cakes remind me of the special cakes that I had during my childhood.