- これは はちです。This is a bee.
- はちは あしが ６ぽんあります。A bee has six legs.
In alignment with the Australian Curriculum/Japanese language: Year 3 and 4 band achievement standards:
- Describe things, using adjective です& noun です
- Describing things, using adjective + none
- Structure sentences using particles, for example は、の、に、が、ね、よ
- Locate specific information and some supporting details in written texts on familiar topics.
Cultural note from the author:
All the bugs in this book were photographed from various places in Japan. Compared to my childhood, there are not as many bugs around now, especially in the cities. However, I hope that seeing these in this book will encourage you to look for bugs sometimes. You can find them anywhere if you really look for them!