- たこやきは いくらですか。 How much is the Takoyaki?
- 580 えん です。 It’s 580 yen.
- 5こ ください。 5, please.
- 5こで 2900円 です。 It is 2900 yen for 5.
- ねこばすバスの クッションが ありますか。 Do you have a cat-bus cushion?
- ありがとう ございました。 Thank you for shopping.
In alignment with the Australian Curriculum: Foundation to Year 2 band achievement standards:
- use a range of language to discuss preferences for items in a store.
- use cues such as context, visual images, and familiar vocabulary to assist comprehension.
- read the 46 hiragana, including long vowels, voiced sounds, and blended sounds
- comprehend short written texts such as captions and stories that use familiar and repetitive language
Note from the author:
This book will take you to seven different every-day-shops and let you explore what kind of things you can buy in Japan. You can find various types of food, cute things, and of course, character goods. I love shopping in Japan!