- ここは みずうみです。Here is the lake.
- おいかけっこが だいすきです。They love playing “tiggy”.
- いっしょに あそびます。They play together.
- みみと ききは あやまりました。Mimi and Kiki apologized to each other.
- 「どこに いるの？」“Where are you?”
In alignment with the Australian Curriculum: Year 9 and 10 band achievement standards:
- Use the て form and plain form verbs as a basis for grammar conjugations.
- Predict the meaning of unfamiliar words and expressions from context.
Cultural note from the author:
The swans shown in the photographs in this book can be seen at the Nakagawa River and Biwanuma Pond at Ootawara-city in the Tochigi prefecture, which is approximately 50 kilometers away from my hometown, Utsunomiya-city. They have become regular visitors and bring lots of joy to the local people every year.